Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Enjoying the Simple Things in Life

Following our theme of our September feature “The Simple Life” I feel a great need to stop and appreciate the simple things in life...

A few weekends ago I rounded up the people who inspire me and went to view the exhibition “In Other Words” at the Goodman Gallery in Parkwood (goodman-gallery.com). Entrance was free and I was able to view words expressed by artist like Renee Holleman, Jenny Holzer, Joseph Kosuth, Moshekwa Langa and many more. I often take time on the weekends enjoy family, friends and the odd lazy day (very essential) thus I have compiled a list of my top 15 things to enjoy life simply.

1. Learn to cook
2. Enjoy your meal. Taste it and appreciate it!
3. Feel music, don’t just listen to it
4. Gather with friends
5. Have a candle-light dinner with your spouse
6. Go for a walk
7. Exercise
8. Play with kids
9. See beautiful pictures (or view an exhibition)
10. Go to a theater
11. Watch sunrise
12. Take pictures
13. Browse your photo album for your treasured memories
14. Get a massage
15. Give yourself a lazy day

I know everyone has their own way to enjoy the little things in life, I just hope that I have given you inspriration to do so!

Eating, loving, singing and digesting are, in truth, the four acts of the comic opera known as life, and they pass like bubbles of a bottle of champagne. Whoever lets them break without having enjoyed them is a complete fool. – Gioacchino Ros

No comments:

Post a Comment