Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Meet the Trainer

 As I go into my third week of Adventure Boot Camp, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the lady who keeps us, Sandton campers, looking fit and fabulous.




Genevieve van der Vyver, 36 years, lives in Randburg with her partner Jason and her two mischievous, fluffy cat-kids, Lynx and Mila.

What would you do with an hour to yourself?
I would spend it outdoors – either on the lounger in the garden, a walk, a hike or a trail run out in the bush. 

Best short cut?
My dad always told me to do things properly the first time. 

Biggest time waster? Technology! For something that was designed to save you so much time, it seems more like a black hole. 

What do you wish you could devote more time to?
My other love, yoga. 

Small indulgences?
Enjoying lunch with family and friends under the trees on a sunny day. 

My luxury is?
Red wine. 

Guilty pleasures?
Condensed milk. 

Best thing that comes for free?
Sunshine and the great outdoors. One of the reasons I love being a boot camp instructor. 

Spender or saver?
I spend when I have it and save when I don’t. 

Who would play you in a film of your life?
Holly Hunter from ‘The Piano’ could represent me – at 52 she still represents strength and class, something I aspire to.  

Most embarrassing moment?
Some years ago, I was invited to accompany Jason to an award ceremony with his boss and peers. Unfortunately in the course of the evening I had to navigate some very steep stairs and as I was going down, my high heel caught in the hem of my trouser – unfortunately I realised it too late and as I pulled my leg forward to step down,  I went tumbling down the stairs, landing right at his boss’s feet!  The only thing worse than that feeling (and the grazes on my knees) was thereafter realising that I had also torn and ruined my beautiful Jenny Button suit!  

Greatest achievement?
Following my heart and getting into the fitness industry – particularly becoming an instructor for Adventure Boot Camp for Women. 

How do you reward yourself?
 
I sleep a little later on the weekend. 

Dream dinner guest?
Jerry Seinfeld – for a good laugh. Or Bono, the lead singer of rock band U2.

No comments:

Post a Comment